Thursday, December 27, 2018

Time for a clean slate?

This blog has been a part of my life for years. It hasn't been a constant part of it, since there have more than once been times when I didn't make a single post in months or even as long as a year or more. Well, anyway, reviewing music is fun, especially music that's enjoyable, and I'm really glad this blog got as much attention as it did; it never became one of the "big blogs", but still, every single review had at least a dozen views, often hundreds or even thousands in some cases. That's pretty good, I think, even if most of them came from people expecting to find links to pirate the albums from...

Everything comes to an end, even the things we wish didn't. This blog? Nah, not yet, I just felt like saying that because I'm a melodramatic piece of shit. This blog will keep going, it'll only change a little.

From now on, I may focus more on individual songs. I mean, of course I'll still review entire albums, but I mean I might place more emphasis on the songs that I enjoy the most and explaining why I enjoy them so much. For smaller artists, I'll probably make it more promotion-focused in the future.

Another thing to change is the rating system. I haven't yet figured out how exactly it'll change, but it definitely won't be an X/100 anymore because that just doesn't work out when most albums I review are the kind of stuff I like the most. Writing negative reviews just isn't my style, I guess...

There may be other changes, too. I don't really know yet. Hopefully this wasn't too cringy to read. Expect some new reviews or whatever soon... oh, and I'll definitely be re-reviewing certain albums. Some of the my reviews were absolute cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment